PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Facebook - Virgin Crew
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 02:50
Magic Buff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussies.

Well the Aussies have known us as a nation of moaners for many a good year, 'Prisoners Of Mother England,' and all that.

I am going to use an old quotation here please forvgive me if it is not spot on.
"I may not like what you say, but I will defend until my last breath your right to say it."
This is what I am standing up for!! now some people may think they were stupid for saying these things on Facebook, and maybe from a tactical point of view and a purely self interested point of view (as in their bosses might find out) then it could be seen as nieve.

However if the company has nothing to hide why stop it's staff talking on Facebook, only those with something to hide need to have secrets, maybe the general flying public would like to know about that dont you think?

The fact that they have used draconian measures to prevent them tells me they have rather a lot to hide. Hmm I wonder what that could be, anyone want to help me with that?

It also seems that they have made an example of these staff to deter any of their other staff from exercising their freedom of speach, so it is not Just 13 people who are being punished, it is thousands and of course this sends out a loud signal to everyone else in the industry, that if you use you freedom of speach and dare to critisize the company you work for then you will be fired, affecting hundreds of thousands, and then to the working population of the whole country, affecting millions.

All of this without any legal footing or recourse to parliament or anybody except their own managing directors.

How dare they and who do they think they are? we elect people to parliament to decide on such issues. It is not up to some slimy little unelected self intersted pompous twerp who just happens to have a massive house in the home counties and about 3 yaghts in the Carrabean, to decide who can say what and were and when, if I were those people I would go all the way with this, right to the European court, because they would win!

Now why should people in their private time having a moan about work have to worry about what their bosses think, it isnt up to their bosses to decide what they can think and say.

It's the kind of thing that used to go on in Eastern Europe, everyone spying on everyone and then denouncing them, if this is the way our society is going then we need to buck our bleeding attitudes up pretty damn fast.

There seems to be an awful number of people knocking about who have been sucked in and either dont want people to have their freedoms, or have been conned into believing that it is not important, well there will always be some of us who represent an uncomfortable thorn in their side.

Just call me Winston, and 2 plus 2 EQUALS 4, and it will never ever be 5.