PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 23:16
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear James,

You really don't understand, do you, and probably never will.

I have never said that ADS-B will not play a major roll in ATC in the future, in fact, in the last post, I suggested you and a few others look at what Eurocontrol and FAA intend for ADS-B ---- another ATC tool.

None of that needs to mandate ADS-B in GA for low level operations, or even high level, for that matter --- you do understand why, do you ??? Probably not.

Do you have any understanding of our bi-lateral obligations for airspace access --- and Australia's legal ability to impose a unique "Australian mandate" on foreign aircraft ---- don't kid yourself about Australia's power (legally or diplomatically) to refuse access to foreign aircraft.

Fleet rollover will mean that the proportion of the Australian airline fleet that has (at least) ADS-B OUT will increase, but many airline aircraft presently on the Australian register will never be retrofitted, because it is too expensive ---- ask those operators who have aircraft where the holder of the Type Certificate is Stork --- as just one example.

There will be no "mandate" that stops them operating, the economy can't afford it.

By your own admissions, you are the bloke with all the contacts, what does Boeing say about retrofitting ADS-BOUT (let alone IN) to B737NG-700/800/900?? ---- if they didn't come factory fitted.

Booze Allan Hamilton (BAH) knows the answer to the above question, Dick Smith knows (because he asked Boeing, Airbus and FAA), and I know the BAH answer, do you??

Actually, ADS-B always was relatively simple policy issue, but the issue was hijacked by quite unrealistic expectations on the part of a number of players, with a number of motivations, varying from the venal to the misguided, through to those blinded by their rose colored glasses ---

----none of whom were ever going to directly foot the bill.

Into which category do do you fit ??

Tootle pip!!