PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is the confuser
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2002, 19:35
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'...as a revision aid' being the importand words.

Done 2 exams since buying the confuser - 2 x 100% - the problem is I think it's making me lazy in my study. It would be so easy to simply learn the answers. I obviously try VERY hard not to do this but it is really hard not to. I have found myself sat in exams thinking 'ah, know the answer to this one' before actually reading all the question or thinkng about it. Is this really a good thing?

The first one I did after getting the book - Human Performance - took me about 5 minutes. (Yes, I know, it's not rocket science anyway) and the guy who was marking the exam commented somthing like 'ah, so you bought the confuser then?'. The next one I did, I sat in there for an extra 10 minutes (after checking the paper twice) to avoid any comment.

I have never got 100% on anything before - makes me think - have the CAA/schools noticed improvements in test scores since the book has been around? Are they totally happy with the possibility that people COULD just be learning the answers?

Sorry to put a downer on things. I agree that it is an excellent book when used properly, worth every penny, and wish I'd bought it months ago. Buy it and enjoy, but remember it's your neck on the line if you don't learn stuff properly and just 'learn to pass the exam'.