PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 17:26
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well well this has ruffled some feathers hasn't it. Ollie...congrats on having a great experience with Cabair, sadly many other don't and that's the reason EPTA are desperately trying to stop the hemerage of flying students to other schools on the airfield. It's absurd that people should be shot down for criticizing these companies, if you aren't getting what you're paying for then speak up or vote with your feet guys.

As far as the 15 minute walk to the aircraft.....no it's more like just over 5 minutes so can't back anyone on that one I'm afraid.

It's a shame that EPTA is going down hill on the flying side because the girl that does Op's is good at what she does and the instructors are good too. Sadly I think the problem lies with the attitudes of certain other figures within the school and this together with the more expensive training costs are the real reason people are staying clear and going elsewhere. I know of many students who were fed up with the way they have been treated throughout groundschool and that put them off CPL/IR training with them. In essence, I think it's fair to say that one side of the company is directly suffering s a result of the other side's action's. They'll always be bad stories coming out of every school, it's to be expected.

I maintain that the groundschool is very very good and DOES produce impressive ATPL result's. However when people are considering where to spend the next wadge of money, they think about their experience over the course or their ATPL's which will generally count FOR Cabair. What will sadly piss all over this positive point is the treatment of students whilst on groundschool. When EPTA starts treating groundschool CUSTOMERS as CUSTOMERS then they will soon see the number of flying students rise! Until then I think that the flying side of EPTA will continue to unfairly suffer. That's my 2 pennies worth, have a great weekend all!

F S

Last edited by Flying Squid; 14th Nov 2008 at 17:37.