PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - socata tb9 any good ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 16:39
jxk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540
Airframe-specific flexible hoses, 2 or 3 of those, are a "Socata special" which use ISO thread fittings, L43-215 type, and these fittings are expensive. Such a hose costs about £400 from Socata, or about £200 if you get them made by a hose shop (I have done this, email me for the details) which can get the fittings. Again, on a TB aircraft, Teflon hoses have no life limit.
Yeap, I know all this, that's why I posted the hoses as an example of the different cost associated with the two types of aircraft being discussed. From a maintenance point of view there are other items such as the brake motors and access to what looks like a modular instrument panel which are both real pain to work on too.

Have to agree with previous posting about the efficiency of DR400 series and I especially liked the EcoFlyer with the Thielert engine. But, we all know the problems that Apex is having with the availability of this engine! DR's are also wood, fabric and fibre glass which does mean they should be hangared; more expense.

Sorry, Cessna & Piper spamcans are far more practical for most people.