PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Facebook - Virgin Crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 15:26
Magic Buff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
World of business

Thank you 13, apologies for the spelling, I was a little tired, it happens sometimes, but quite right Cayman. As for the world of business, I have always worked my friend, I am not some sort of workshy person, I believe that everybody who is fit and able should support themselves and their family.
I have seen business both here and also in Germany at close hand, and I tell you something, the managerial ethic in Britain is light years behind my friends. In Germany every business has a workers council and this is activly encouraged by management. They work together for the good of all concerned. The saleries, working conditions, training and moral of the staff are way ahead of this dismal performance we have here (no disrespect to any particular person, many managers do work very hard, but they are confined within the structure they have to work with, any desention is dealt with swiftly and they are out on their ear).
Everything works in Germany my friend. If you go to use a highloader, or a de-icing truck or a computer, it works. Futhermore, they do not run their businesses from 1 budget to another, their planning is always long term they think 10 years into the future. Anyone flown Lufthansa recently, or been on a German train, or driven a German car, why is it so good? because the staff are treated well and in return have great loyalty for whom they work.
Expression is activly encouraged, open debate is encouraged, if you have something to say you say it without and qualms of someone firing you for it.

Now in this country, staff are treated shockingly, as a hinderence and an unwelcome burden on a yearly budget, worker protection legislation such as we have, is viewed with scorn, as something to be got around and avoided, underhand and devious does not even begin to express the almost mandatory requirement for British Management.

Now I am very proud to be British, but the way our business affairs are conducted is routed in hypocrasy and distrust. The absolute trimming of everything to the bare bones, short termness in thinking and planning. I believe it is our 'business men' who really need to learn about business thank you, because, our performance compared to other first world countries is wofull.

Before they start sacking a few staff for having a slagging off session on the internet, and blame them for tarnishing their beautiful company, they should look at themselves and their own conduct and ask is it honourable and if they just might be doing something to tarnish the beauty of not only their company but our country and the world at large.
What they have been doing my friends is called finding scapegoats, for problems that run much much deeper, but we will never see a headline in the newspaper about that.
"British management, the laughing stock of Europe!" lets get that fixed first.
Oh have I said too much? I expect I'll be gettng a call soon, the difference is that I dont fear these people!

Last edited by Magic Buff; 14th Nov 2008 at 21:23.