PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salt in an already deep wound!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 08:31
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skippy,
My respect for posting here and publicly admitting a mistake you might have made. Well, let me rephrase it, uhem, let's face it, going integrated was a mistake no doubt. However, I do believe despite the economic situation SE jobs are out there, only thing is they don't come easy. I know my gliding club had a tug plane and there always was the prospect of flying that plane but for doing so one had to have the silver gliding certificate if I am not mistaken. My gliding club was and is desperately looking for new young members and consequently for instructors, too. Obviously, that would be a no-salary job but one gets to fly on a regular and it could be put on a CV.
Alternatively, try going abroad as one previous poster already mentioned. I know most English native speakers are not too good at speaking other languages for obvious reasons but there are places in Europe where airlines are actively recruiting low-timers right now, e.g. Germany. And not only that, their screenings can be done to a great extend in English. However, to be a candidate for being offered a position you will have to be able to communicate at least somewhat in German.
I myself completed my training this year and luckily was able to get a job flying SE VFR in the UK (no instructing). It is not what I want to do for the remainder of my life but it pays the bills (well, kind of) and I get to fly regularly. Don't give up, instead try even harder, and look particularly for the jobs at the bottom of the ladder. All the best to you. Roll safe.