PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salt in an already deep wound!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 08:08
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give WWW a break. Fine he is a bit doom and gloom but he is only trying to help. Maybe a slightly pessimistic view but what’s wrong with that??? If you went to a doctor and he said, “Right, sorry, it’s a really bad case of cancer but here is what we need to do.” Would you listen and take the info on board or reply and say,” nah, its fine, I have the flu give me an aspirin and I will be ok in the morning?”

I sometimes think on here people don't want to hear anything that conflicts with their rosy mental model of things!! However some people with a doom and gloom mental model may not want to hear the positives floating about.
Although I don't think there are many. Lots more job cuts announced this morning!!

I think a lot of credit is due to Skippy here. He has put a post on reflecting what is going on for a lot of people and it is important for potential trainees to read. Don't expect to walk straight into the RHS of a jet. If you auto-filter out any warnings from WWW and others all you get is I GOT A JET JOB IN 2 WEEKS type stuff. This of course then confirms what the FTO marketing dept is telling you. It all sounds quite positive. Train in the downturn, it will be over as you graduate and the A380's start arriving at all airlines. Why would you doubt what you are being told (should be sold) if you keep hearing positives from everyone..........

If a few more people posted saying they were finding it a struggle to find the promised jet job then it might give a few hopefuls some extra info and allow them to plan better. I bet there are many more out there. It’s just that we normally only hear the success stories (but let’s be honest they are nicer to read!!).

Whatever happens over the next couple of years it’s going to be a roller coaster ride. No-one can say for certain what is going to happen. Too many variables to consider. You have to make your own call and buy your ticket when you think it’s the right time.