PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Pilot Recruitment (Merged Threads)
Old 14th Nov 2008, 07:54
TidaBisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Oman Air package is pretty comparable to FlyDubai even though FlyD is actually offering more money on paper. Here are some key points for/against FlyD & Oman Air.

1. Pay at FlyD is about $2000 more a month based on 80 hrs. At first you will not fly that amount so you will not make as much.
2. Housing allowance is 3 times the allowance of Oman Air. However cost of housing in DXB is also much more.
3. FlyD offers car allowance while Oman does not. Traffic in DXB is worse than Muscat.
4. Educational allowance is more at FlYD. Oman Air will only cover around 50% of true costs even though they say they pay 75% upto a certain amount.
5. Vacation/tickets etc the same
6. End of service benefits better in UAE. 21 days/yr versus 2 weeks.
7. FlyD offers loss of license and accidental insurance. Oman only offers accidental.
8. Shipping allowance offered by Oman, not by FlyD.
9. Medical is free at Oman (only while in Muscat) while at FlyD medical is only free for employee and you pay 25% for dependents.
10. Muscat I'm told is more family friendly and a quiter place to be. DXB is a busy busy place.

I think if the ME is where you want to be on the NG then either place looks fairly promising. Housing will remain a major concern though. Expect to dip into your salary for decent housing.