PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems replying to forum posts
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 22:42
The Flying Pram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems replying to forum posts

Been having problems today with another forum I frequent, when I reply to a post with the "Post A Quick Reply" button it doesn't seem to send, yet if I refresh the page it's there. If I use their "Go Advanced" option I have no trouble. I've also found that I can't edit my previous posts. In both cases ZoneAlarm shows traffic passing when I click on send, but I get a little rotating symbol next to the button, and also the "Egg Timer" displayed.

I found that I could post if using IE Tab within FF2, so it looks like a browser problem. Yet I can get the "Edit" function to work on here.

To make matters worse, yesterday there were 4 MS updates, and today FF and Avast! also had programme updates. I normally do these one step at a time and test things, but this is not like finding all my internet access has suddenly been blocked.

Various replies and posts on Mozilla, ZA, and Avast forums all tend to pin the blame on each other, and so far I've tried temporarily shutting down ZA, and also changing Avast's Web Shield to only scan potentially infected files, as per some suggestions, but to no avail.

Any suggestions anybody?