PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 22:18
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick

As another who has vigorously supported increasing Australian airspace safety and airspace architecture with the cross industry funded ADS-B project, I too am disappointed with last Monday's news, which seems to have finally reached the hinterlands of aviation Why on earth would you be sworn to secrecy at the end of the queue, though?

I'm uncertain 'rational heads have prevailed'. Bureaucratic blockages do not rate as rational heads in my opinion. I thought you were against bureaucracies. Particularly when those same bureaucrats are paying millions to subsidise gas fitment to autos, proposed billions to bale out the car industry, and big money anywhere but aviation.

Looks like we now join the USA in going down the ADS-B track incrementally and on an 'owner pays' basis. Transponders in E all over again. Owners should be ecstatic at being saved from subsidised ADS-B and TSO 146 GPS fitment - shouldn't they

Can you just confirm or refute for the record - so we all have it correct - that:
1. You have pushed for a 5 year overlap of radars and ADS-B, knowing that stuffed the cross industry funding, and,
2. You have opposed the ATLAS mandate throughout (lower level ADS-B).

I believe we have snatched defeat from certain victory.