PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Nervous Flyer Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 16:03
Sockendon1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like to say...

This is my first post...and as a very, VERY nervous flyer (I also cry before and during every take off! )...am compelled to write and say a huge 'Thank You' to the explanations given by all SLF and airline personnel in this thread..(whether you're up front and driving or pandering to my needs down in the main part of the tube )

As touched on here, I have been using this forum for a while to learn a bit more about what goes on in general, and I must say, have been helped immensley (sp?) by a number of the threads contained.

My main issue is also control, and in particular the lack of it I have over other SLF! You know the sort..for example - the ones who insist on using their phones until the VERY last second etc - at which point I'm trying to talk myself out of physically wrestling them to the ground and confiscating (and switching off ) the offending item! I've always been terrified that one mobile would cause the FD to cease operating completely and would result in the a/c plummeting 34,000ft - irrational I understand to those in 'the know' but a very real fear for me...

Recently I was helped by the FAQ's thread (some newbies do read them..) - covering this very topic and which after reading left me a little calmer and logical. In fact, 2 weeks ago on a flight from LAS to LGW I even managed not to have a major panic attack when the PAX behind me brought out his phone (switched on but in flight mode - I hope!! ) to show me pictures of his baby! What do they say? One step at a time....

So, thank you again to you all for your professionalism and patience with PAX such as I. Your work is always greatly appreciated although I may be too scared to show it at the time. I certainly couldn't/wouldn't do you job - not for anything!

Fly safe..

S