PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 13th Nov 2008, 14:57
Magic Buff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bouncers

I would like to raise a point here folks, isnt there a case these days with the advent of aggressive passengers, to have at least one member of the crew, who is in effect a 6ft 5 gorilla, who if push comes to shove can either intimidate an agressive passenger into keeping his hands at his side, or keeping his gob shut, or who in the worst case scenario can knock his block off, not very pretty I know, and these people would need to be trained, so that the knocking off of the block is the last option, but wouldnt other passengers feel much safer like this,to know that capeability exists. I know it is very nice to be served by young and beautiful people and the airlines have traditionally recruited with this in mind from a public relations point of view, but with all due respect to them a young 20 year old waif of a stewardess about 5ft 4 '' weighing about 8 stone is really not going to be able to deter a nutter, were as he will sit down like a little lamb for a 6ft 5'' oaf. Or face severe consequences. It shouldnt be all cabin crew, but at least one such a person should be with every crew.