PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Over wing emergency exit. Great instructions
Old 13th Nov 2008, 05:28
wapses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so you and me are not going to agree on this one, Mr/Ms Getoutofmygalley.

My only final comment is, what's wrong with truth in advertising? If there's no recline on the emergency exit seats for which the passenger is paying extra, then why not say so? It would be simple for the airline to mention on the website and would save you the hassle of an irate pax.

However, if you enjoy the hassle, then I wouldn't bother bringing it to the attention of your airline management.

Fact is (and this is not just my opinion) consumers are going to complain if they think they're not getting a fair deal.

So surely (and this is my opinion) better to be honest with the facts up front to save having a dissatisfied customer?

As for my job. Not really relevant to the subject matter. Sufficient to say that I'm what is referred to nowadays as an airline industry veteran (sales, marketing, commercial, management) and a very frequent flyer.

Incidentally, why do Etihad insist on referring to their passengers as "guests". They're not guests, they're passengers. Guests do not normally have to pay. If you're a guest in someone's home, they don't ask you for money. Call me old fashioned, but the word passenger has been quite acceptable for years and still is.