PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class One Run down
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 01:34
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for what its worth...did most of my Class 1 Medical this morning (and passed!). Here's what I did after I filled out my CASA forms:

With nurse
1. weight/height calc (BMI = 29 )
2. blood pressure
3. urine test
4. Eye test (one eye closed - vs chart)
5. hearing test (I struggled with this one - think I have slight tinnitus)
6. ECG (lay down on hosp bed while they attach things to your chest, arms and feet to measure your electrical impulses)

With Doc
1. Ear, nose check
2. did stretch type exercises including a squat jump sort of thingy
3. (this was the hard one) - stood heel to toe, arms crossed and eyes closed for 1 min (had to balance).
4. Doctor did his prodding - stomach, reflexes, groin (hernia check), throat, etc.
5. Discussions re broken bones, exercise, etc. I indicated that I had dislocated my AC joint (he was the doc who actually saw me back then!!) and he laughed and changed the form - I think its mainly if its a large deformity or something that they consider.

and that was it!! actually, not fully it..I still have a blood test tomorrow (he mentioned that the only way to fail that was if I was a raging diabetic!! lol) and an eye test - I've done full eye tests previously so I'm not worried.

Otherwise ladies and gents, I'm about to embark on my flying career at age 32. God help me!