PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 00:05
clear prop!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I’m sorry if my disbelief at the sunglasses diversion has caused upset, but I could not believe the similarity to a group of girl guides about to embark on their first camp, worried about what coloured bras to pack whilst a hurricaine headed for their tents!!

Guys …an girls, it is bloody tough out here right now. ----Consider long and hard what you are getting in to.

CTC is a great training provider… that is in no way in dispute.

I’ve known/ trained a number of good/great pilots who have failed the CTC selection process, so I have no doubt that they genuinely take the best, and that the selection process is not the sham of other FTO’s ..so very well done those who have got through.

What is of concern is, that right now is that they cannot deliver the levels of employment promised by the end of your course.

PLEASE.. ask some pointed questions before getting yourselves into more debt.

I sit in a ‘fairly’ safe and very hard fought for left hand TP seat, won at a time when employment was at a peak. Believe me, the tails of woe from those I meet every day right now, with thousands of hours, should not be underestimated.

I have to confess that WWW pissed me off …more than a little …at the beginning of this crisis, but, I have to admit he was’ just ‘ a bit right!

Please, take off the rose coloured glasses and think long and hard about what you commit yourself to, for at least the next year.

There is no doubt that some CTC students will see full employment at the end of their course, but a growing number will sadly not.

To those committed, your training will be some of the best times of your life, and, without doubt, CTC will do their best on your behalf

Good luck to you all.