PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 00:04
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetski

Send us all some of whatever you are smoking

No one has to submit a proposal to ASA - they submitted one to the APG - thus the JCP.

I did not ask why did not this INDUSTRY back a winning Oz org, I repeated another's question on here why DICK has not. Used to be one of his claims to fame - no?

Now, sit down in a quiet spot and get ready to think this one through.

The USA ADS-B is NOT, repeat NOT, the Oz ADS-B. It is two interlinked systems, not one. It has translators, a transition layer, no XIF, and so on.

Therefore, the issues quoted re the USA in ADS-B are different. Although, even acknowledging the different systems and fundings, the ARC Report still SUPPORTS ADS-B.

Now, here's the test of logic for you ( and thank you for calling me a buzzard scrotum on a thread in case anyone feels I'm being harsh on you).

Thread drift I know but you asked the question - my question in return to you - are the aircraft we fly here and in the USA made differently or are they the same. Perhaps if you think that through you will understand why one comparison is OK, the other not.

By the way, my research indicates CASA are deleting unique Oz ADs hand over fist thus saving owners many many $$$ by moving to manufacturer and FAA guidelines (on the basis that they may kknow a tad more than CASA about it). Good on CASA for doing so, and good on CASA and a certain association for ensuring that a few AD that have been negotiated and proven FAVOURABLE to owners are not thrown out with the bath water.

Your anchor has gone down with the ship. Perhaps you are 'free on' a russian submarine at present?