PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cathay worth it?
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 18:28
T-Mass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"making you feel bad about your flying skills, never having anything positive to say about you, etc...
Basically a very unfriendly working enviornment."

"what do Americans know about aviation, they had nothing to do with aviation history, manufacturing of Aircraft, there´s not even any air commerce going on there."

Don't know for sure since I haven't spent one minute of my life on the property, so my analysis might be way off, BUT:

Maybe part of the complaining is from Americans who are not used to non-PC work environment, i.e. if you make a mistake, or struggle in training, or join "with an attitude" (the way WE trained back in my PREVIOUS airline...), the critique will not be sugarcoated; and there will be no grieving through an effective union when things don't go your way. In addition, I bet the Aussies, Kiwis, S-Africans, the Euro(trash ) etc will not hesitate to rip on their fellow American aviators; especially since there might be the notion among some Americans that since the early 1900, they've been the real shiznits on the aviation block.

Seems like the pilot group at CX has remained relatively diverse over the decades, with a steady stream of wannabees from all over the world. A good percentage of guys getting on, stay, and enjoy their stay. The few who leave for "greener pastures' no doubt have enough negative to say about CX, otherwise they would've stayed.

Ask me in a few years, after real time-on-the-property experience, and I might have a different opinion. For now I'd say it's worth it. Otherwise I wouldn't be pursuing it.

T

P.S. My non-Queen's English is not my native tongue either...