PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 18:21
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rather than extract lines FlyerGuy why not read the whole paragraph - it does actually make sense regardless of what you think.

The term pick and choose suggests that someone puts no thought into their actions. Flybe think about the route they cancel and therefore do not pick and choose which routes to cancel. I did not say they did not cancel at all now did I?

Flybe have carried more passengers than Aurigny. But if passengers do not use a particular service then it will not operate. If this is not logical why did Auriny cancel their services to Alderney from Jersey and to Dinard?

FlyerGuy - I would recommend that you read the entire post. I would also suggest that you do abit of investigating and a little bit of research before coming back to my post in such a way where actually, as far as I am now concerned, it makes you look as though you have no aviation or least of all business knowledge what so ever.

I would be delighted if Flybe pulled out of the Islands - watch the islanders try and get on with their lives and business. Sometimes people do not appreciate something until they do not have it anymore and it would seem to me that, that is exactly what is happening with Flybe and (some of) the island residents.

kuningan
The route was pulled earlier than anticipated. Sad but thats life....and it is these decisions that means that Flybe can operate profitably without the need of financial input from the GCI government to buy new aircraft, for example.

Lets compare facts, from GCI at least:

GR to MAN 2x daily
GR to LGW 4x weekday
GR to JER 13x daily in Trislander........ :-(
GR to ALD max 4x weekday except mon and fri
GR to STN varies from 1x weekday to every other day(??)
GR to BRS 1x weekday

BE to LGW 5x weekday
BE to BHX 2x weekday
BE to EXT 2x weekday
BE to MAN direct (summer only)
BE to DUB direct (summer only)
BE to CDG direct (summer only)
BE to JER 2x weekday
BE to SOU 4x weekday
BE to NWI (summer only)

All 78 seater aircraft. Also offering connections during the winter to so many destinations I cannot be bothered to list them. Needless to say if you look at the online timetable it speaks volumes.

It really frustrates me that people seem to have an opinion on a company that is one of the most succesful companies around at the moment in comparison to its competitors. If you honestly feel that GR are a better company than Flybe in terms of service to the community it is worrying