PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 12th Nov 2008, 14:47
mr.777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from my pension briefing.... NO NO NO!!!!!!
Too many assumptions and not enough concrete figures about what might or might not happen. The usual bulls*it about voting for your pension and not giving Barron "a bloody nose". I found the HR woman incredibly patronising and generally unhelpful...answered EVERY question by bleating on about the £595million deficit in the fund but then ran out of time when I wanted to ask her what they intended to do if we voted no i.e would they bring it in anyway? Suddenly she had to leave...what a surprise.
Union presentation was, to be fair, well rounded and they were pretty sympathetic to what most of us feel. My biggest problem is they don't know what they'll do if they get a NO vote...I find that astounding. I would suggest that they seriously start thinking about this now as a reality rather than a possibility. They have a genuine dislike for Barron and his methods, which I found quite good, but that will not be enough for me to get mugged off by the scaremongering that's going on, and to vote yes. VOTE NO