PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 12th Nov 2008, 14:45
helibob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training advice

Hello all, I am a newly qualified JAA CPL (H) with around 260 hours total of which 45 have been flown in the Uk and the rest in the states. I am looking to gain experience through the instructor route and am after some advice from anyone that has been down this road or is currently in a similar position. I have had a few bad experiences during my training in the motherland and have found that some people in the industry over here have a very negative attitude towards FAA training which has seriously affected my confidence. I myself loved my time in the states, having felt encouraged and part of a family of like minded people with very clear objectives that they were working towards. The competition element of training with a number of people with similar hours was also a great benefit to me. So finally I come to the point. Please can people give me feedback on their instructor courses / opinions of training organisations in the UK and the most effective way of flying the remaining hours I need to start the Instructor course. I understand if anyone does not want their views aired on the forum and would be happy to receive anonymous e-mails to helibob at tiscali. Thanks in anticipation. helibob