PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair incident Ciampino.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 14:41
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe - I think you have missed the point! Note the words
Quote:
an immediate g/a.
IF you have satisfied 'our' approach '2.5%' requirements i.e. you are BELOW the F15 limiting mass, you will have the required climb performance, and if the decision is made to g/a straightway then that is the procedure to follow. Let's for example, consider an engine failure just above 50' on a CAT III approach and still in cloud. It is a brave man who accelerates to Vref+20 during the g/a, I propose - I don't think I would. The section you quote in the OM is, as I said, for the g/a FOLLOWING a 'continue' decision. In my book, the scenario I have added (for the sake of completeness) is the same as

"In the event of engine failure during a two-engine go-around,
ensure that the two-engine go-around procedure is actioned and
climb at Vref +5 to Aa. Limit bank angle to 15deg. Subsequent procedure will be the same as for engine failure on a Flap 15 take off."
Notso! Why are you flying a 2 engine go around on one engine? Reread your company Part B page 03-18 'Engine Failure on Final Approach'. Part B is your company procedures, not Boeing FCTM (which I don't have access to).

The section you quote in the OM is, as I said, for the g/a FOLLOWING a 'continue' decision. In my book, the scenario I have added (for the sake of completeness) is the same as
Quite wrong. You have to immediately reconfigure into engine failure on final approach (Flap 15 and add speed) and then decide, continue or go around. If go around, reconfigure straight away to Flap 1 up to AA. It is there is your company Abnormal and Emergency Procedures manual in black and white. You fly anything else, even Boeing FCTM procedure, and you are in contravention of the AOC.

Back to CIA.