PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX/KA recruitment suspension
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 11:44
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eagerbeaver1

You’re digging yourself into a hole here. The RAAF guys I was referring to were fast jet instructors. They had ICAO ATPL’s just like most DESO’s do. That made them automatic candidates as DEFO’s on the freighter fleet at the time. Both of them were offered DEFO positions on an Aus base but declined them for DESO positions in HK.

I find it fascinating you really want to debate me on the experience levels of DESO’s. To me it demonstrates a level of arrogance I haven’t seen for quite some time. For the record when I tell you what the experience level is, it is from direct knowledge having flown with a great number of them and from my time in the recruitment department a few years ago. Your knowledge is based on nothing more than the fact you wouldn’t do the job. That’s all well and good but the world doesn’t revolve around what you would do. You need to understand people come here for many different reasons and one of them is lifestyle and the lifestyle of an SO can be very appealing.

While I think of it, have you considered what the job of DEFO on a base will entail? Don’t think for one minute you will get every second sector. You will spend most of your career here until you get your command as the RPIC, i.e. Relief Pilot In Charge or as some here refer as the glorified SO. You will be lucky to get one sector a month which is not much more that a SO, mind you his is in the sim.