PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair safety
Thread: Ryanair safety
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 08:38
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As many of you may realize, the Mods on this board combine their activities with flying duties. This means that from time to time, a period of some hours may elapse between forum visits while we fly and/or rest. Yesterday, I operated LAX-LHR and then slept for 11 hours. Today... I find this depressing thread that has grown, seemingly overnight. Many of those involved here, really should know better.

Rainboe is tolerated on PPRuNe because in amongst the rants, there is usually a valid point being made, by someone who, on the Pilot side, has experience. That said, he walks a precarious tightrope that he occasionally falls off: On this occasion, he finds himself looking up from the floor, rather than down from the rope. For other readers, the most effective way to avoid getting hooked is not to rise to the bait (that's probably more than enough metaphors for one paragraph).

I could go through this thread and individually delete all the posts that don't directly relate to the topic, but frankly can't be bothered. Instead, I'll close it, and ask that nervous flyers use the Nervous Flyer thread in the forum for reassurance.

Those off you that are unsatisfied with the moderation of this forum and thread need to bear in mind that not all moderation is visible. Many posts are deleted before they are seen, and sanctions may be taken that are not publicly discussed. It is usually unwise to reach a conclusion when you do not have access to all of the facts.