PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 08:16
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madhouse, ring CTC and ask them. Talk through the options with them, they can tell you better than anyone else. I am sure they will see that you are just wanting to give yourself the best chance of getting qualified. They won't bite. I'm bet you are not the only one with these concerns at the moment. All your decisions look like they are geared towards you eventually getting a job as a pilot, it’s this kind of thing that CTC want to see at the end of the day!!
I hear that CTC are talking to other banks about funding so you might find there are options if you get through.

Bonalaste, I see what you are saying. However there is another thread running like you say, it has covered all FTO's and people training but moved on to general economic stuff!!
The thing is though that I think this information is relevant to this thread and should be included. It is applicable to CTC as a FTO and future cadets. I think it would be wrong to not have any reference to it in the thread at all.
I also disagree that it makes CTC look worse than other FTO's. A lot of posters say now is a cr*p time to embark on training but if you are going to do it regardless CTC is probably one of the best places to train at. Maybe not as good an opportunity as it once was but still better than probably all others. When things do pick up again then CTC will get back to the good times (i.e straight into RHS of a jet with no delay). Just might take a while.
Also they might discourage the ones who aren't that committed. Just fancy doing it as it might be a "cool" job etc etc. The ones who really really want it will carry on anyway. They are the ones who deserve the jobs!!!!

In fact those who really want it should post loads of doom and gloom, put people off starting and increase your chances of getting a job when it all picks up!!! In fact maybe that’s it, maybe the economy is in great shape but a few clever cadets have got together with some spin doctors and...............................................!!