PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - has the Qantas Psych test changed format
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2002, 03:19
flipside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has the Qantas Psych test changed format

I did the psych test 2yrs ago and I hope to get another shot. Has the format changed recently. the following is what it use to be like (can't take the credit for it. came from a search I think it is PPRuNe Towers work)

It all begins with a verbal reasoning test (aka English comprehension). Some of the passages are quite difficult, and care will need to be taken. For each passage (about 10?) you are given 4 sentences each reflecting some part of the passage. You then have to choose whether each sentence is True, False or Can't Say relating to the paragraph. There are plenty of examples to practise on the web.

Then comes mathematical section. This deals mainly with ratios and comparisons: given several groups of figures, what ratio of column a to column be is the greatest in what year, or which company had the biggest
percentage increase over previous years' profits etc. You are given up to 10 answers to choose from.

There is also a timetable (shown incomplete) of flights between 2 cities, one on summer time one not. As this question is used repeatedly, it would be prudent to write out the timetable fully on your piece of paper
the first time you see it.

Then comes the "what comes next in the series" questions. Some of these are very difficult, some easier. Their standard seems to vary during the process of the test too, seeming to be hardest around the middle.
Again practice these - there are plenty that are widely available.

The next section are the cube questions. These spatial orentation exercises are quite demanding too. You are shown an unravelled cube with a pattern on it, and down the bottom are 5 cubes. You have to pick
which one is the right one. Again there are many examples around which you can practise on.

Any help is appreciated, thanks