PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does a novice judge an instructor?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2002, 03:16
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

In the school where I started (and finally finished) my PPL I flew with the CFI and one other instructor initially which I enjoyed because they had different techniques and strengths. The staff (all 3 of them) were total enthusiasts. As the school rapidly expanded they continued to recruit enthusiastic hourbuilders of varying ages and backgrounds. As far as I was concerned they were all flying enthusiats and capable of communicating their enthusiasm which is the most important thing of all.

The school also changed their main aircraft type during this period but I regarded this as a good opportunity to broaden my experience. They also took on a C152 which was handy cos my work moved to West Wales temporarily. There I did a large chunk of my PPL on C150/2's before returning to my original school.

By the time I finished my PPL I'd flown the ARV-2, AA5-A, C150/152 and a few trips in a C172 when the C152 was u/s. I flew with 4 different instructors. Total time was 48 hours which wasn't too bad considering the dislocation and my inability to learn things

I thoroughly enjoyed doing it like this although I realise that a lot of people would hate it.