PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skystar Terms and Conditions
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 07:33
ozthai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Sharpie, to start with if you need to earn enough to support expenses in another country, maybe better to forget Thailand altogether.
Most incomes in Thaialnd will only support Thai living expenses.

Fair enough the Skystar situation has been a real rough ride and I'm surprised at, (and admire), the tolerence of all crews concerned.
Many would have spat the dummy long ago.

There are thousands of expats working in Thaialnd and most at some time have had to "asK" for their pay. Most expats are teachers and they get paid bugger all but anyone who comes here hoping to save a bundle or send same home is dreaming.

So back to the seesaw.... The majority of expats are sitting on a different seesaw to the Skystar one. And at present, the airline industry in Thaialnd is not a great playground to be in.

The balance for them is probably they enjoy the lifestyle better than that of their respective homelands. (For many different reasons). So therefore they forsake the bucks for living the country of their choosing.

Really up to the individual's circumstances I guess.

I guess your right in as much as their is no balance in the Skystar situation but for many other expats there is balance.

For me at present, (as you know), my CG is well aft and I've lost all engines and am at top of descent for one hell of a nose dive but it wasn't always like that and hope I can re-start and get back to straight and level.

Cheers mate. Let's hope for all concerned they will get their act together.