PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair incident Ciampino.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 07:18
Squawk_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further my previous post, the equivalent of the AAIB in Italy is the ANSV (Agenzia Nazionale per la Sicurezza del Volo)
Link : English

ANSV - Agenzia Nazionale per la Sicurezza del Volo

Italiano:

ANSV - Agenzia Nazionale per la Sicurezza del Volo

There is an information about the Ryanair flight but only in the Italian version of the site for the time being.

Quote/
10/11/2008

Incidente aereo a Ciampino. Prime evidenze raccolte dall’ANSV

In merito all’incidente occorso questa mattina sull’aeroporto di Roma Ciampino ad un B737 della Società Ryanair, l’Agenzia nazionale per la sicurezza del volo (ANSV) comunica che, dalle prime evidenze acquisite sul luogo dell’evento dal proprio team investigativo, emerge che il velivolo, in fase di atterraggio, ha impattato con le superfici alari ed i motori contro un grosso stormo di uccelli (storni).
Le cosiddette “scatole nere” sono state acquisite dai tecnici dell’ANSV, al fine dell’analisi dei dati in esse contenuti.
Il personale investigativo dell’ANSV, completati i rilievi in pista, sta procedendo all’audizione dell’equipaggio coinvolto nell’evento.
Dal primo sopralluogo operativo emergono estesi danni alla semiala sinistra, al relativo carrello ed al ventre della fusoliera.

Unquote
You may find a translation as follow

10/11/2008 Aircraft incident to Ciampino.
First evidences collections from the ANSV with respect to the incident been necessary this morning on the airport of Rome Ciampino to a B737 of the Ryanair Society, the national Agency for the emergency of flight (ANSV) communicates that, from the first acquired evidences on the place of the event from own investigative team, it emerges that the aircraft, in phase of landing, has impacted with the wing area and the engines against a large flock of birds (starlings). The so-called “black boxes” have been acquired from the technicians of the ANSV, to the aim of the analysis of the data they contained. The investigative staff of the ANSV, has completed the runway examination and is proceeding to the interview audition of the crew been involved in the event. From the first operating inspection it emerges extended damages to the left half wing, the relative undercarriage and the belly of the fuselage

Translation by an automatic translater on-line plus some adjustments of mine.
Regards

Last edited by Squawk_ident; 12th Nov 2008 at 09:08. Reason: corrected translation