PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - giggity gig
Thread: giggity gig
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 06:50
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I strongly recommend not coming to Alligator Airways for the following reasons:

(1) Poor maintenance (at best) - the owner maintains them, don't think he wants to see a ship hit the deck and watch the millions he payed for the business go down the tube! plus having 4 aeroplanes that are under 8 years old, two just purchased is pretty good for an entry level job! yeah the 207's are getting a tad old, and have more tech issues, but they are always fixed whatever the gripe! In an ideal world as a pilot you would have an IFR panel with a TSO'd GPS in every aeroplane, in reality that is not the case, or legal requirement!
(2) Terrible management have you anything to compare it to? all GA company's are the same, harden up, it ain't the northshore's in Sydney
(3) Under paid and over worked - pay is award, much better than you will get further west, and you fly max hours to move onto a twin pretty quickly after a season!
(4) No loyality or progression for pilots - If 90 hours multi a month 'aint enough for you when you are a senior pilot, then you will never progress anywhere! and they have a P68 as an entry level twin right through to a PA31 along with a 206 on floats for the "float guy's" to have a go :P

Over all a massive thumbs down!!! Many an airline pilot started at Alligator, and you will find them all over the world in just about every carrier. I started there, did my time and got a multi gig straight after. If you have been an Alligator pilot, you know how to work hard, know how to look after an aeroplane, have good mechanical knowledge from hangar work and are generally a very employable pilot.