PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ticket Team vying to wrest control of AIPA
Old 12th Nov 2008, 00:21
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
The difference between the large SH NO vote and the large LH NO vote was that the COM did not endorse the SH EBA; they just put it up to for a vote expecting it to fail. The opposite happened with the LH EBA. The NO campaign run to all the S/O's was very effective and resulted in the large NO numbers.
A couple of exec guys who had nothing to do with the EBA got tossed as collateral damage, I have no idea why the Treasurer got tossed, he did a good job but maybe was seen to be a supporter of the now ex-president and hence had to go. The same goes for one of the VP's who had nothng to do with the EBA apart from trying to explain it to the troops on Qrewroom. Too close to the ex-president as well I guess.
The jury is out for a while on the new team. They are already undermanned with one of the guys out on long term illness. Lets see what happens. Apparently they are going to "ask" for things like a return of salary sacrifice for laptops instead of using the big stick. Is that giggling I hear from QCC3?
I also believe that when the details of the new EBA deal that the Company will push for become known, then the voting down of EBA 8 will be seen by many as folly. Two months is a long time in aviation.