PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 22:19
Madhouserjd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veering away from all negative posts, could I pose a question?

I will shortly be coming up on the end of my 6 months and will be able to re-apply for stage 3 of the scheme. I have relitively little money and no assets to speak of so getting a secured loan is impossible. Getting money from parents or any other source is also out.

Im toying with the idea of reapplying despite having no funds and ask CTC to put me on thier records (should I pass) until such time as I can provide the full amount or some of it or until the loan again becomes available.

Firstly does anybody know if CTC has a position on defered entry if an applicant completes selection but is unable to attain finance?

My second option would be not to reapply and defer my re-application indefinately and apply to NATS as an ATCO, and wait a year or two until finance and the economy settle. This would provide me with valuable income and a well paid job to fall back on at the other end of the CTC course should I find myself swimming in that o so icy water.

My main issue with this is that I want to push my advantage having completed stage 2 first time and not be ticked off as a person who will not reapply and when I do reapply have to start from the beginning again.

Does CTC ask you to re-apply from the very beginning if you leave your re-application for two or more years? or do you continue from where you left off, or are you struck from the list?

Any words of wisdom appreciated!