PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 22:08
bonalste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point isn't that the financial situation isn't relevant to CTC applicants but that it is relevant to ALL FTO applicants. The fact that the place on this board that this is covered in more than enough depth, several times and with a huge degree of copy/paste, or so it would seem, is on this thread. To me, this biases negative thoughts towards CTC more than to other FTOs. The fact of the matter is that if you have concerns about the financial and recruitment climate these should be expressed in a thread of it's own right. By all means mention it in this thread but you've mentioned it, beaten it, chopped it up and eaten it in a stew. This is no longer the thread for it and it is certainly not the thread for 20 pages of it.

CTC is an excellent FTO. Unfortunately the impression that people will get from this thread isn't to not train, it's to not train with CTC because they can't place their cadets. I find this inappropriate and much of what has been stated is fundamentally based on heresay or opinion, such as people suggesting that CTC would not be returning the easy cadets to the pool earlier in the thread. The last 20 pages may be relevant to a potential cadet but that's 20 pages saying exactly the same thing. The thread is only useful for the first 110 pages, the rest would need substantial effort to pull anything worthwhile from.

What I am saying is, people know about the credit issues, it has been stated, mostly on this thread (which I dislike for aforementioned reasons), plenty of times. it doesn't need to be brought up like the grease megamix at every opportunity. It is not helping anybody. If people wish to invest their money in the scheme after having already read 20 pages of this, I would put money that an extra post re-stating the same droll again will not provide meaningful assistance.