PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World's Most Necessary Patio
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 21:18
av8boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImnotanERIC,

Your post makes no sense at all. Hippos are extirpated in South Africa, and thus, a hippo is unlikely to be involved in a runway incursion in Cape Town. Further, hippo coition is initiated by the male, not the female: her being in heat entices the male to chase her. This being the case, it is more likely that the 767 would be pursuing the hippo than the other way ‘round. Apparently a hippo in estrus is a difficult thing for Boeings to resist (there is little extant data on passionate Airbus/hippo relations, so no comparison could be drawn). Alas, if the 76 seeks to enjoy the company of a shapely female, it might do well to move its quest farther to the northwest… In any case, a runway incursion under these circumstances would probably be a more traditional affair, initiated by the aircraft.

By the way, thanks for piquing my curiosity. I had to find out if hippos existed in South Africa, and in doing so came across all of this other info. Personally, I had no idea (and had very little knowledge of hippos at all). Great time waster!

Dave