PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building Adventures
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 20:56
petesl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hour Building Adventures

Hi, Long time reader first time poster – think im in the right place so here goes...An hour building topic with a twist

Since starting my training i've wanted to make use of my hour building time for an adventure of some type and for various reasons its come down to wanting to fly from Florida over to California and back VFR. In the last 6 months i managed to get another pilot just about as keen on the idea as I am, so now theres two of us mad to go and do it, and the time has come in January (ATPLs outta the way) – The route is planned - Coast to coast - VFR in around about 50 hrs in the space of a little over 2 weeks

We have looked around most of the usual schools in Florida and been in contact with most if not all of them, with varing levels of success. We thought we were onto a winner with one school but they have just turned round and told us they feel we don't have the experience to allow us to do it....

So really im asking for two things here
1. Advice from anyone who has done the trip before – Is it possible for 2 hour building pilots heading towards the CPL. We have researched the routes and major difficulties extensively, but nothing beats actual experience

2. Anybody know of a school that i mite have missed which has allowed similar pilots to do it before – Has to be in florida as the flights are booked (fantastic deals) – but other then that we pretty open to anyone –

Thanks in advance