PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 20:31
SA242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its always easy to be over excited and overconfident before going out to NZ. Its when you finish the training that the reality of the situation becomes clear. I agree with BitMoreRightRudder. The information is in the past 20 pages is not rubbish and is certainly relevant. You are not paying 60K plus living expenses for a flying holiday. You will need to pay that debt back. That is not negativity nor is it pessimistic. It is reality. Easy for someone who has not even been into CTC as of yet or done any training at all to just brush off the warnings here but they are not incorrect warnings. Its not getting into or through the CTC course that is the problem. Its managing the bottom line at the end. Paying back the loan.

Now that's not to say that it should put you off the course. I enjoyed the entire training I received from CTC and it was well structured and the standards were very high. As with any flight school they have their problems and in the current climate CTC have their work cut out as do all airlines and aviation sectors. The point being made by people in the know is not 'Dont do the course'. It is to rethink doing the course right now. When the industry is on an up CTC is a very effective company at training large amounts of well trained pilots and placing them with big airlines. In the present climate with no recruitment the numbers back up and that can have effects on placement not only now but for a year or two down the line. CTC are doing a hell of a lot to get us work but its just the nature of the game. Something WELL worth considering before saying sod it I'll just throw 60K at this because it sounds fun and I quite like the idea of buzzing around NZ. But what the hell do people who have been through it or people who are already flying in airlines know...?!!