PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 19:13
morbz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldnt agree more!

I passed my CTC Wings selection process and never once looked on these forums for information. Im not saying the information is wrong or poor, I just felt that if I did look on here it would make me think negativly about CTC and the small chance of getting through etc, not to mention the tonnes of phony or pessemistic posts.

Topics always go off topic in internet forums, PPRUNE isnt the only forum to experience this, but it is one of the most pessemistic places on the net, full of moaners, people who argue over nothing to sound clever and just generally full of people with chips on their shoulders'. Yes there are people that need to open their eyes to the real world and the harsh reality, but those that 'bite' and moan just go about getting the message across in totally the wrong way.

At the end of all this, every one or nearly everyone reading these forums shares a huge interest in aviation with perhaps the majority dreaming of flying for a living, therefore I think we should all lighten up a bit, be a little optimistic sometimes and just chill out. I dont mean don't write information that will get enthusiasts down, but dont constantly moan about everything- especially the climate, that just makes things worse in my opinion.

Back to CTC Wings, the scheme in my eyes is fantastic regardless of the credit crunch, the wings course turns dreams into reality and offers at LEAST an amazing 2 years of training. As its been said before, CTC is a great deal better than many flying schools, so it shouldnt be slated every five minutes with reference to the credit crunch and Easyjet rejecting pilots.

Lighten up, chill out and enjoy a balanced discussion without the need to be pedantic and depressing. Everyone has a freedom to say what they like, but I jsut think people should go about the way they say things in a better way for the sake of everyone- especially the newbees with ambitions who read these forums!

Is anyone else waiting to leave for New Zealand?