PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX/KA recruitment suspension
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 12:28
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eagerbeaver1

You aren’t even here and you are trying to tell us that no one with 4000 hours P1 time would join CX as an SO. “WRONG” You might want to ask and take notice of some that work for CX when they say that +4000 hours is common for SO’s that join CX. When I joined the lowest time guy was about 4000 and the highest was 9000. Most came from other airlines in North America, Europe and Australia. Two of the guys close to my course were ex-military instructors on F111’s and FA18’s. A lot of the SO’s I seem to fly with now are from LoCo’s in Europe and ex-military transport guys.

You may not like it when some SO’s try and persuade some on here not to accept the DEFO path but you have got to look at it from their perspective. To them the company is in breach of their contract because “bye-pass” pay isn’t being paid every time a DEFO is employed. They are having their upgrades delayed and some that had plans to go on a base once they did upgrade have had the rug pulled from under them because the bases are now full with DEFO's.

If you do make it to CX a little humility might go a long way. The experience in the SO ranks is generally considerable and one day most of them will be you captain while you are still an FO.