PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Climb Gradient with no published SIDs
Old 11th Nov 2008, 10:55
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to burst the bubble framer, but the reality is that sooner or later even the water ends. But what about the things that float and, Heaven Forbid, even DRIVE across the very same water that you plan to fly across at "ZOT" feet? The average "junk" probably won't even present a problem for a Chieftain, but a small coastal freighter could be a pretty major problem to a cargo 727 or just about anything else that loses an engine at or just after V2 (I'm not getting into specific arguments about V1 because I've already seen too many people die when they went for something that was well beyond their abilities).

411A is right, though I wish there were more people of the like that he's described. I have to say (not that I NEED to do so) that j_t is spot on. There really are NO guarantees for the poor bloke who's stuck in the non-performing light GA twin. There's a major difference between FAR 23 and FAR 25 and, if you don't understand the difference, you better study it because the aeroplane you fly will be certified under one or other of those FARs.

What say you, John?