PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin R2160
Thread: Robin R2160
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 06:00
Mad Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any particular reason you want to fly the R2160?
I've seen one for sale and may be interested in buying it with one other person (already lined up). I've done 90% of my aero's training in a Bulldog, and the rest in a Super Decathlon. Both have CS props & injected engines - so I want to see for myself what it feels like.

The Robin is cheaper to run (160hp + fixed prop), spares are more readily available, so it could be done initially with two of us and we could take it out to a bigger group later, when the credit crunch has gone..

I'd be happy to take you up in our clubs R2160 but I'm afraid you'd have to come to Rotterdam for that
Well, if you'd like to pop over to Melbourne, I'll be happy to take you for a play
I'll hide this thread from my partner... He loves travelling and would be dragging me onto a people tube to take you both up on those offers.....

SlipSlider
MG there is a 'closed' company flying group with a Robin 2160 based at Goodwood. Unfortunately I do not have any contact info, but if Gwd is close enough to be of interest to you let me know and I will find out more.
My instructor had said there was one at Goodwood but when I googled, the only school which came up had a Super Decathlon.. "closed" company explains why I couldn't find it...

Goodwood is closer than Wellsbourne. Do you think they would they let me fly it - with an instructor of course?

Any help to get a contact would be most welcome.