PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BPIAA Rumor or Truth
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 05:26
Newark Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Mis-management

Before I begin this post, I'd like to refer to a quote made by a U.S. Congressman on the recent $700 billion bailout:

One of the most dangerous effects of this bailout is the incredibly elevated risk of moral hazard in the future. The worst performing financial services firms, even those who have been taken over by the government or have filed for bankruptcy, will find all of their poor decision-making rewarded. What incentive do Wall Street firms or any other large concerns have to make sound financial decisions, now that they see the federal government bailing out private companies to the tune of trillions of dollars? As Congress did with the legislation authorizing the Fannie and Freddie bailout, it proposes a solution that exacerbates and encourages the problematic behavior that led to this crisis in the first place.
I sat through 1 full year of the BPIAA "BS" and heard promises, promises, promises from the Chinese management. I was personally interviewed by two representatives from AIG during my employment there where I was questioned as to my insite into the company structure and problems they were having. Several other people were interviewed as well, and as I see it now, none of our recommendations or complaints were even considered.

AIG was wrapped up in believing the lies of the "Li Brothers", Ding, and a host of other Chinese dignataries instead of listening to the professional aviators and managers that told them the truth about the payoffs to ATC, military, and other agencies in order to fly.

It was disclosed that the Bejing Office, under the direction of Jack Li, had never reported the loss of revenue due to the non-payment by the airlines because the students could'nt graduate. When Li was asked, in the meeting with AIG, of which I was present since I was a Class Manager, Li humiliated all of us by saying "the instructors are not efficient." We, on the other hand, informed AIG that we were not allowed to fly due to the weather, ATC delays, and military delays. They just brushed this off and believed Jack Li. We all know why we couldn't fly, but was never able to convince AIG of this problem, which still prevails at BPIAA.

I recall Pat Murphy and Howard Davenport getting into a heated argument with two AIG representatives over the efficiency issue. It was after this argument that AIG removed Jack Li from his position, and replaced him with who?....Tu, who was just as guilty as Jack. The foreigners, (management and instructors), who were suppose to be the experts, were never listened to, and the Chinese, who were competing to be "Top Dog" for status, succeeded in destroying the company.

So, who does AIG replace Tu with?.....not someone with credibility, but a dictator, Chinese president whom they think can resurrect an already failed operation just because he has "6000 hours" flight time.

Now the instructors still left there are suffering from both BPIAA and AIG mis-management. Don't think for one minute that AIG is going to try and salvage BPIAA. They are aggressively searching for un-informed investors to re-coup their losses and do a reverse "bail out."

If there are any U.S. instructors left at that place, I'd write your congressman in your district to file a complaint against AIG operations in Asia. You would be suprised as to what a congressional inquiry would do. Although they may not remove Butt, they could still inquire as to why you're not being paid per your contract.

Since AIG in Asia is governed by the U.S. headquarters, it may be beneficial to file a complaint with them.

[email protected]

Blue Skies