PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air solomons
Thread: Air solomons
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 02:56
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
ga dude,

Ok, then well apply to them if you think that 12k is a good wage!!

The cost of living over there is astronomical, and not only could you not save any money, you would be draining your account pretty aggressively.

You also have to take into account that there was a fair amount of civil unrest over there at that time with quite a bit of negative sentiment toward caucasians. I'm all for experience, but I actually want to make it to the bar in a couple of years time!!

Just one more point, the job was essentially a dead end one, all the hours you logged were Co-pilot, and Co-pilot under 5.7 gets you pretty much nowhere. You had to do two years F/O to be 'upgraded' to Islander Captain.

I know all this as I was at the interviews the same time as eternity and was also offered a job as a Twotter F/O. Don't be blinded by a 'big' aeroplane and work for peanuts. At the end of the day, if you're not a complete muppett, you'll get to where you want to be.

ga dude, if you can, type your post in Word or something first and then copy and paste it, it may not be as excruciating to read