PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ticket Team vying to wrest control of AIPA
Old 11th Nov 2008, 02:42
OhSpareMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not costed, hey? I clearly remember seeing and reviewing the costings for the Singapore basing, although I admit the cost saving was miniscule in comparision to the grief that a forced posting to Singapore might have caused some people. Frankly I didn't think it was worth the hassle of establishing the base.

However, those SO's (and some 744 Captains who advised me that they had approached the Management with an offer to be based in SIN) who had bothered to the sums on the tax position were onto it like rats up a drainpipe. By my calculations I was going to be taking home more dough than the Sydney based FO. Everytime I climbed onto the jet it was an overtime sector. A published roster for 12 months (well until a certain person invoked seniority in order to establish preferential bidding) preallocated leave and sim cyclics, 175 hr divisor without blank lines. No more slipping in SIN southbound for two days so you could act as a third or forth pilot back to Australia. It had a lot going for it. In many ways it was a shame that it didn't get going.