PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rugby Team in Air-rage Alert @ SOU
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2001, 04:55
Guern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Story from the Guernsey Press today

"BRITISH European are threatening to prosecute Fareham Heathens Rugby Club after five of their players were arrested following an air rage incident on a flight from Guernsey.

The five players who were involved in their club’s 52-15 defeat at the hands of the Guernsey Rugby Club were released without charge by Hampshire police.
Fareham Heathens chairman Danny Moseley denies that the incident was as serious as the airline suggested.
‘I think the fact that the five players were released without charge speaks volumes. As a club we are seeking legal advice over what to do next,’ said Mr Moseley.
‘I have got every sympathy with the airline over security issues, especially as things stand at the moment.
‘But there has to be an element of common sense. We were no different on the way back than we acted on the way over to Guernsey,’ he added.
Alison Chambers, a spokeswoman for British European, said:
‘Safety is paramount on our flights.
‘Unfortunately on this occasion, they all got a bit rowdy, to the point where the pilot had to declare an air rage incident.’
"

As I mentioned in my earlier post I think it would be unlikeley that they overreacted as the cabin crew looked visabley shaken on the return to GCI, but put on a very brave face. Hats off to the BE staff from my point of view they were all very professional.

An form of misbehaviour is unacceptable and sholdn't be tolerated.