PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 23:04
Locarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morbz - I disaggree. if it wasn't for the unsecured loan, I'd never be able to a pilot. I'd either have to chose a different career or join the military - I genuinely could not see any other way forward.

Why?

I was 18 years old, no way I could have any equity on a property already, and no way I could get and sustain a mortgage while I was in CTC.

True, I could have waited a few years, but I'm much happier with my current arrangement.

Also, remember the bond is with Airline placement services inc, not with HSBC, so theres nothing to say you can't re-loan, mortgage, whatever with a different bank.

On Sunglasses - Any sunglasses are fine, as long as their not polarized. Not that many people go for the old aviators anymore, simply because they're to chiche'd. I personally have some sleek Oakleys that more than do the job.

And on CTC MAY offer employment. No one thats graduated CTC has ever failed to gain employment until recently where Ezy cadets haven't been employed after the 6 month line training. Although only 2 cadets have ever been in the holding pool for longer than 6 months. - I'd say CTC is a good bet.