PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ticket Team vying to wrest control of AIPA
Old 10th Nov 2008, 21:57
Going Boeing

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Blow'n, I don't know your situation or where your coming from but I don't understand your position. If you look at the history of the new President and the Vice Presidents, you will see a lot of experience on the B767 & A330 - they may have recently moved onto the A380 & thus became tall poppy targets but knowing the personalities involved, I have a lot of faith in them negotiating for the good of all AIPA members. We now have a president with good communication skills & who hasn't burnt bridges with the new CP.

As it is a new EBA negotiating team, it is understandable that they invite experienced past negotiators to assist them in identifying the many land mines that QF management will put in the next round of EBA negotiations. BW is a balanced & very experienced negotiator so if they did not invite him to assist them they would be castigated by the majority for not using all available assets to achieve the best outcome.

Your loyalty to the previous "ticket" is commendable but blind - three years of toil but with nothing in the credit side of the balance sheet. We all need to get behind the COM & new executive and assist them in achieving the best possible outcome.

PS. I don't regret voting NO to the EBA8 proposal.