PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Starter - Bristol Aviation??
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 21:46
scott_cardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Burger

I am in a similar situation as you. I am 19 and currently in Retail Management full time after leaving school last year. Have wanted to be a commercial pilot all my life and will do whatever it takes to get myself the role of FO. Had a few flying lessons here and there at Cardiff when time and money allows but nothing serious.

I have now made the decision that it is time to make the move, leave full time work so I won't get bogged down with it and start the ball rolling to get my dream!!

However, currently I am debating on whether to start my training now or wait until the industry picks up. I have researched the big 4 FTO's, OAT; Cabair; FTE and CTC and have booked myself onto a seminar at EPTA Bournemouth this coming Saturday.

Only over the past few weeks have I become aware of Bristol Aviation and I must say it seems very appealing based on what I have read on here and seen on their website. As you have done 'Ronnie1982', I am going to contact the school directly and possibly arrange a visit to see just how it is there. Even better, it is only just across the bridge from me as I am living in Cardiff, so not a great commute

I think the best option to us wannabees at present is to get the ATPL ground school done and dusted and then commence flight training when we are sure the industry is on a rise....

Scott