PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair safety
Thread: Ryanair safety
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 21:25
barry lloyd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ladylily63

Let's go back to your first post. I've worked closely with crews from Ryanair easyJet and other low-cost carriers.
As was shown by today's incident, the crews of these airlines are capable of dealing with emergencies and, as others have pointed out, they have some of the newest, both in terms of technology and age, of the airliners flying today. I don't think you can have a better set of circumstances than that.
There is some inherent snobbery in the airline industry towards the lo-cos.
Mr O'Leary has the perhaps unique distinction for an Irishman, of getting up just about everyone's nose, and this has probably added to the overall impression that cost-cutting takes place at all levels in the lo-cos.
I will agree that the PA is sometimes difficult to understand when spoken by someone whose first language is not English, but then foreign airlines, many of them the national carrier, have the same problem.
I understand your concern, but I've flown with them a number of times, especially in the early days, and with forty years' experience in aviation, I didn't experience anything which gave me cause for concern.
I can assure you that driving along the M1/M6/M62 worries me far more than flying Ryanair.