PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 21:05
jeta108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is always the possibility of a collision. What I have been asking all along is what is the probability? Is this probability quantifiable and does the risk justify the expenditure.

The answer is so small a probability as to be unmeasureable in statistical form and the claimed enhanced safety does not justify the expense.

The only mob who can gain measureable benefits are Airservices.

Now I don't care if somebody gives me a free gadget. What I want is proof of this actually happening. The absence of which makes me very suspicious of scaremongering snake oil salesmen that live in Airservices pocket.

If there is a chance that I will have to pay for it I want a better reason than anectdotes of near misses.

Honestly, some of you should stay in bed if you think you need ATC to help you fly into Burketown. The only other aircraft looking out for you will have ADSB IN which is not part of any proposed subsidy. Thems that will probably have it, are thems who already have TCAS anyway.

Horses arses is very apt when you consider what's in front of it. Campaigning for a mandate before a subsidy is like;

Last edited by jeta108; 10th Nov 2008 at 21:19.