PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 20:53
justme69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, no, I understand the recommendation.

I also know the first one was made AFTER the accident in Detroit, and it was not the original, approved procedure.

I also know that many operators claim they NEVER WERE NOTIFIED of the recommendation. Plenty of them flying around up until very recently. As you very well say, for over 20 years since it was made.

I know Boeing CLAIMS they notified it to all operators that AT THAT TIME were using MD-80's. I also know that Spanair (and others) didn't exist at that time and started their operations AFTER the recommendation was sent out.

I'm also curious if Boeing recommended individual types, or better yet, ALL their planes, not only those with a generic "similar TOWS design" referring to the MD-80 series (other types have suffered similar accidents/incidents).

I wanted to know how it was possible that Spanair "inherited" an approved SOP that didn't include it and, apparently, nobody told them.

And why this recommendation wasn't "approved" and mandated by the FAA or ANY similar international bodies at all.

Until a week ago.

Last edited by justme69; 10th Nov 2008 at 22:26.